Search This Blog

Monday, November 21, 2016

Christmas Spirit.

I'd really like to get into the Christmas spirit this year. I haven't for a few years. But I'm not too old--no one is. How can I do this?
  • Buy gifts bit by bit instead of all at once. Even if we have little money, I enjoy finding gifts. It requires creative thinking.
  • Bring in our little faux tree from storage and plug in the lights.
  • Maybe decorate the tree with my collection of snowflake ornaments.
  • Go on a Christmas lights drive. Oliver would probably enjoy that now.
  • Play Aaron Neville's Christmas album. The bells at the beginning of the first track mark, for me, the official start of the Christmas season. 
  • Write in red, green, and gold.
  • Go in cinnamon-scented stores like Kirklands.
  • Burn cheap cinnamon candles.
  • Play James Taylor's Christmas album. 
  • Remember Christmases. Write about them or find them in old journals.
What gets you into the spirit?

No comments:

Post a Comment