Search This Blog

Friday, March 17, 2017

Favorite Objects.

Of course, this is a just a sampling, and it's in no particular order.
  • A pouch my mom made for me. It's purple with a pale pink zipper and tiny fairies! I use it for the pens I'm using in my journal. Right now, it's full of blue, gold, and purple.
  • My blanket. I don't know where it came from, but I've had it since I was a baby. I'm still attached to it, and I sleep with it under my head.
  • My current journal. I form an attachment to the journal I'm using. It's full of my thoughts, serious and trivial. It travels with me.
  • A beautiful charm necklace my mother made for me. My favorite things seem to have come to protect or encourage me--snowflakes, seahorses, fairies, words themselves.
  • My past journals. In a way, these are my life's work. I worry about what will happen to them when I die. They are starting to grow past their boundaries on my shelf. My encapsulate whole seasons and such details of my life.
  • A rhinestone Tinkerbell necklace. Josh bought it for me on one of the darkest days of my life. Now, it reassures me that I can be okay.
  • My fountain pens. They are beautiful, amazing. I wanted one so much as a child. To satisfy that child, I have a white pen and a hot pink one. 
  • My music on Spotify. It helps me when I do chores and get ready.
  • My makeup. It gives me something to play with every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment