Search This Blog

Thursday, June 23, 2011

More Mini Sequins.


*My pink suitcase with black and white paperdoll-like outfits on it.

*Paperdolls.

*Looking at the Madame Alexander website.

*This perfect purple nail polish (I searched so long!).



*Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark.

*Realizing that I still have a bag of those fabulous Panera chips stashed in my bag.

*Seeing my pregnant silhouette in the hall.

*Josh saying, "Everyone is gazing at your belly."


*Waking up from a nap to find Davis's (cat) head on my head and his arm (leg?) around me.

*Oliver doing acrobatic performances when both Josh and I put our hands on my belly. Attention from both parents at once is apparently pretty exciting.

*Baby ripples, rumbles, turns, flutters, jabs, jerks, and leaps.

*My polka dot robe I got for free from Ulta when I ordered perfume for Mom.

*All the wonderful associations with the unremarkable scent of birthday candles.


*My pink Express mini trench.

*My plum wool Loft coat (Christmas present from Josh).

*Josh bringing home a mint chocolate chip milkshake, watching me make a mess of it, and saying, "Forget Paris Hilton and a Hardees burger. I want a pregnant girl with a milkshake."

*How satisfying and non-nauseating milk chocolate chip milkshakes are.

(Image: http://nastyswag.tumblr.com/post/5769307045)

*My white wicker laundry hamper, cat-destroyed though it is.

*Josh working on our Ancestry.com trees and saying, "So far, it looks like our families have not intersected at all in history, which means we're pretty much not related." Rock on.

*The white wicker wardrobe Mom is giving me...the key to our negligible closet space survival!

*This cupcake picture.


*The fact that (also thanks to Mom) we're going to have a queen-sized guest bed for new grandparent visits.

*Thanks to Mom yet again, the comfy, frou-frou pink floral couch we'll soon have.

*Having my first follower on Bloglovin'.

*Getting my first views from Nicaragua, Belgium, and Italy!


*Pink rollerskates (maybe I'll have some someday).


*No new work E-mails (rare)!


*Union Station.

*Josh saying, "I want you to have my elf baby." Giggles!

*Egg salad sandwiches.

*Flash-mobs. I get so happy seeing people getting together to do something cool and uplifting.

(Video: youtube)

*Josh saying, "I'm going to go catch up on the dishes."

*Josh getting excited over my very humble cooking.

*A big box of rainbow Nerds...and the way Nerds taste like rock candy once the sour part melts.

*Stationery with colorful envelopes.


*Josh: "In this game, once a characters' loyalty to me reaches a certain point, they start wearing new costumes."
Me: "Once my loyalty to you reached a certain point, I started wearing maternity clothes."

*The way my long necklaces now curve out instead of going straight down.

*Receiving journals as gifts. It doesn't even matter if I already have the journal. It feels like the person is not only doing something nice for me but also supporting what I love to do.


*Receiving writing utensils as gifts (same reason).

*Finishing a journal and writing the end date inside the front cover.

*Opening a journal to the back cover and seeing that I remembered to write down where and when I got it.

*Me quoting Shakespeare: "All my fortunes at thy foot I'll lay and follow thee, my lord, throughout the world."
Josh: "Back at you, baby."

 (The lovely Olivia Hussey as Juliet. Image: http://www.listal.com/viewimage/86876)

*Figuring out that Shift+Enter keeps Word from automatically capitalizing the first word of a new line of a poem.

*Squishy, messy egg salad sandwiches.

*Deviled eggs, especially on Mom's Easter tray that looks like a painter's palette.

*Fancy picnics that someone else packed.


*Sparkling apple juice.

*The way Oliver gives little shiver-flutters when Mom talks to him in her Marmee voice.

*Dark purple wine glasses.

*Miniature irises.


*Colorful bowls at Anthropologie.

*My huge sparkly purple bead ring.

*Valentine's Day decorations.

*Strawberries. Dipped in white chocolate? Bliss.


*Scraping out the last of the chocolate pudding.

*Fairy tale retelling books and stories.

*My giant sparkly, purple bead ring.

*Rock candy (need more!).


*Stray glitter bits on Josh's face or clothes.

*Purple and green.

*Cute little elephants on baby clothes.

*Waking up with the blinds open by my bed, seeing all the leaves and branches right outside, and feeling like I'm in a treehouse.


*Increasingly frequent Oliver hiccups.

*Clothes that have beading, sequins, or glitter on them but will be pretty even if it all falls off.

*That my mom put different ribbons on each of my birthday presents.

*My green Mary Jane wedges.



*Journals that masquerade as books.

*High, super-smooth ponytails.

*Dr. Pepper that has been in the freezer for about twenty minutes and has just a little ice forming.

*Old school bicycles. I want a red bicycle and a green dress.


*The moment when the ice chunk in a frozen water bottle finally slips through the top.

*A photo (of which I don't actually have a copy) of my mother's mother drinking a Dr. Pepper and smoking a cigarette. I fully support one of those vices.

*Cinnamon candles.

*The beautiful, frivolous maternity tank top I've wanted for three months going on sufficient sale.



*Wild violets.

*Pottery Barn Teen catalogs.

*Josh doing something cool and saying, "Maybe you can put that on your next 'Why Josh Is a Champion.'"

*Bath bombs that color the water and have confetti or something inside.


*Mary Poppins's carpet bag.

*The wooden xylophone sound of a bouquet of PrismaColor pencils.

*"I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I had your name and address." --You've Got Mail

 

*Those gorgeous storage boxes at craft stores...especially ones with dresses, shoes, and cupcakes on them!

*Figuring out that the Shift+Enter habit was the reason Blogger never put images where I wanted them (fixed!).

*Putting in two good hours of work while Josh plays Dragon Age II. I never want to do it, but I feel good when I do.

*Color-coding my books. They become decor in a new way.


*Pretty pajamas for Christmas.

*The way my mom individually wraps each little present in Christmas stockings.

*Having a big stack of good magazines.

*Surprise packages.


*Picking Melissa's brain about pregnancy and baby advice and experiences (usually, I go first, so it's nice to be the grasshopper this time).

*Red Hots.

*Knowing we have lots of help for our move (thanks Dad, James, Zach, and the future Grammy and Grampy!), especially since I'll be essentially worthless.

*Knowing that I can focus on tasks like setting up the bathroom, making the bed, and moving and arranging clothes during the move.


*The lovely fact that Time Warner Cable can actually come transfer our Internet the day of our move. No temporary dark age!

*Planet Hollywood. I still think it's cool. I've gone with Josh, Keely (my best friend from childhood), and my grandparents and surely some other super cool people. I've been there in Paris and Honolulu.

*My purple knit slipper boots with serious soles.

*Kissing in libraries.

(Image: http://edonaghey.tumblr.com/post/6609619632)

*Josh showing off the three twenties he found in his desk.

*My very flattering, simple, and modest black maternity swimsuit.

*My maternity tee with sparkly pink seahorses on it. It's like Old Navy knew me.

*My black flip flops with little rhinestone flowers. I'm very picky about flips. I was especially happy when I saw them at another store for $20 more!

*Quirky elegance.


*My awesome black and silver New Balance shoes that aren't chunky like most trainers (am I allowed to use that word? I like it so much better than tennis shoes or sneakers) and don't have those vents that equal soaked socks in the rain.

*Learning British terms (usually through moments of confusion while watching Dr. Who).

*My mom's pink mixing bowls.

*Josh saying absurd, lovey things like "If you were any prettier, I would turn into a unicorn. I'd have wings and a tail." I guess this would technically make him a Pegasus.


*Mom's always-pretty tissue boxes.

*Sunshine naps.

*My tiny purple umbrella with girly drawings (mirrors, purses...) on it.

*Josh brought home a slice of carrot cake for me, and the box had a tiny plastic spork attached.

*Imagining this:

No comments:

Post a Comment