Search This Blog

Monday, January 14, 2013

Quick Thoughts: Diary Details.

When I read my own journals from several years ago, the parts I like most are the daily details: what I was reading, what I ate for dinner, what came in the mail, and what I bought at the grocery store. These are also the kinds of details that are fascinating in historical diaries. So I remind myself to record details that may seem mundane because someday, I or someone else in the future may love those tiny discoveries.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part about reading old writings is how creative I was as a teen. It seems like I lost a lot of that. I used to write songs, poetry, stories, scribble down inspiration. That never happens anymore and it really makes me sad that I've gotten worse with age instead of better!

    Helena

    www.mamanaturebaby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete