Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

My 30s.

Growing up, I thought a lot about my 20s. I thought that would be the best decade of my life--youth and freedom, creativity, love. Those did come, but so did more pain and difficulty than I could have imagined. Just before my birthday (yesterday), I realized that I'd never really thought about my 30s. So here are some thoughts.

  • I want my 30s to be financially stable, even if we don't have much to spend on extras. 
  • I want my 30s to be a well-read decade. I'd love to read 50 books each year and come out with 500 more books.
  • I want to be creatively productive--25 or more journals. Collages. Design books (albums in which I paste photos, mostly of inspiring rooms), expressive makeup.
  • I'd like to get back to writing letters and see how it feels to have more friends, at least on paper.
  • I want to follow all my treatments well and learn more about them.
  • I want to be an engaged mother and introduce Oliver to fantasy, science fiction, theatre, art....
  • I want to be deeply connected to the theatre too.
  • I want to keep my closest connections and build on them
  • I want to travel at least a little.
  • I want to be thinner and more fit.
  • I want to maintain my blogs at least somewhat.
  • I want to stay connected to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment