Search This Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2016

What Enchants Me.

  • My (very) old copy of YM Beauty. All that talk of fancy makeup soothes me even when I remember but don't take out the magazine.
  • The massive music box at the Biltmore's Christmas shop.
  • Oliver's little pajama pants with tigers on them.
  • The book stacks by my bed, promising great reading adventures coming soon.
  • The mermaid drawing my mother made for me.
  • The moment as the theatre when the lights fade and the orchestra gives the first notes of the overture.
  • A well-stocked Gelly Roll display.
  • Oliver's sneaking into our bed at night--we usually don't know until morning.
  • A little sparkle on random objects like hair ties.
  • Bic For Her pink and purple pens. They're beautiful; I don't even care about the faulty branding and advertising. 
  • Rock candy reminds me of going to the candy store with my best girl friends during Winterfest in Gatlinburg. I remember being so happy then.
  • Instant messaging and texting--they still don't seem real. I remember Dad showing me that I could IM with my friend Tracy.
  • Sephora. The feeling of darkness surrounding well-lit displays of bottles, palettes, and compacts with wild colors and plenty of glitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment