Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Delight: February and March.

Delight is my word of the year. Am I seeking it enough? Creating it enough? Giving it to others enough? Absorbing it and celebrating it enough? I hope so, but I'm sure I can do more. Here are some tastes of delight from the past month.
  • Gold pens that are expensive but write forever.
  • Using trendy planner stickers in my journal.
  • Only need 5 out of my 20 Amazon subscriptions.
  • Looking at an entire magazine. More than one!
  • A new "how to be French" book--my guilty pleasure. Some are wonderful; some are terrible.
  • Drinking iced mocha in the evening.
  • Getting Oliver to eat broccoli (he loves it!).
  • So many sticky flags that are characters from books (Thanks, Bruce).
  • Watching Oliver dance.
  • Oliver's singing Tears for Fears in the bathtub.
  • Buying a birthday gift for my mom.
  • Josh found vanilla Dippin Dots at the nearby gas station. He came home with 5 pouches.
  • Finding Rags and Bones (fairy tale retellings) for $2.50.
  • Looking at books with Bruce.
  • Taking photos of Josh and Oliver cuddling in their sleep.
  • Putting stickers in a teal journal that says, "She leaves a little sparkle everywhere she goes."
  • Thinking about what Josh and I will do during his spring break. which will give us time alone at home while Oliver is at school.
  • Asking for a love note and getting one.
  • Not being too lay to go to the gym with Josh.

No comments:

Post a Comment