Search This Blog

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Nourish/Challenge: Week 34.

I limped along this past week in more ways than one. I started trying to wear my boot only out of the house and go without at home. But I went to a watch a movie in regular shoes, and the pain was bearable.

But a much bigger challenge was our follow-up with Dr. M. Mom came to be there with me (nourishment), and Josh came during a lull at work.

Dr. M told us that the tissue was reattaching. She did a stretch on Oliver, and she called me over to see his wound under the the bright light and to see the blood pooling under his tongue. She said I have to use the bite blocker no matter how much he struggles against it. Dr. M talked a lot and seemed to thrive on our distress. I did not let myself cry, but I felt like a failure. I could barely talk afterward.

Mom talked me into going out for groceries--we were out of almost everything. The shopping calmed me a little. Mom picked out items for dinner--Caesar salad and huge shrimp with cocktail sauce. A good meal helped too (nourishment!).

I was sick at the thought of making Oliver bleed, of that begin a goal.

I told Mom, "I can't do it."
She said, "You can."

She was not happy with that doctor. Mom was about ready for us to quit. But we had another appointment with Cynthia for the coming week. I hope she can give us some guidance. Why were the reports so different?

I can't wait until we can just be done with this. But I want to make, continue to make, my best effort and end this peacefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment