Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Nourish/Challenge: Week 35.

I have a Decomposition spiral notebook with mermaids on it. I'm using it for random notes that I don't initially put in my journal or on one of the blogs. I've started a to-do wish list for the month. It's all spread out, so I can see where I'm trying to go, but I don't have to do it all in a day or a week. The list harnesses some of my challenges.

I lost 3 pounds! That's 16 pounds total in maybe six weeks. I'm excited and grateful even though my pants are starting to feel too big. I'm stepping up to the challenge to lose more.

I finally saw my therapist for the first time in weeks. She's been travelling or something. Our appointments mostly focus on catching up.

We saw Cynthia again. She said that the wound is healed, and though she can see where the reattachment happened, it's not attached anymore! So after that hellish week...it worked. I fixed it! It's now one of the accomplishments of which I'm most proud. We have to continue with a 3-6-hour schedule to massage the scar and keep it from getting too thick or stiff. I think he's starting to realize that though they're unpleasant, the scar massages don't hurt like the stretches did. More appointments are coming up. But Oliver is eating more! When I pull him out of class, he usually does okay, and he'll sometimes accept a sticker (a shark today!) and a Tylenol.

I didn't seek enough nourishment for my soul this past week. I've been consumed with Oliver's current needs. But a new week is another chance to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment