Search This Blog

Monday, September 2, 2019

Nourish/Challenge: Week 32.

Much of last week was terrible. Oliver had tongue-tie surgery on Monday. Mom and Shane stayed two nights to help us; thank God. The worst part has been the tongue stretches we've had to do to keep the frenulum from growing back. The whole ordeal was and continues to be a challenge.

Oliver missed two days of school but started school on Wednesday. He seemed fine. On Friday, Josh said Oliver went right to his chair. The adults asked where I was, and Josh said I was probably sleeping. Everyone gushed over how sweet he was...to take his child to school. Mmkay. Josh was not amused.

I'm awfully behind on reading, both for myself and my tiny bookclub. I feel weak from the lack of it. And I've not be writing enough. Just writing this is like cool water on my shoulders. I don't know what to request. But I know how quickly I can cease to be myself.

Another week of stretching is coming up. Can we stand it? We have to. Someday, this will seem long ago, whether we succeed or fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment