Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Nourish/Challenge: Week 51.

This outing is actually from the week before, but I'll tell you about it now anyway!

The boys and I went to Chilis--we almost never go out to eat, but with the semester ending, I wanted to try to celebrate. I had a burger so good that I barely touched my fries. Oliver ate like a champ--pizza, fries, grilled chicken. He was so well-behaved! He became alarmed when I went to the restroom, and he leaned into me when I came back. He said he wanted to go home, but we got him to wait for the wondrous Paradise Pie. He used a spoon easily (a skill that emerges only when ice cream is involved).  We had a great time. Our team at ABA was so excited about our successful outing.

Christmas was delightful, and I'll write all about it soon!

This last full week of the year, I read many books, I read poetry, short stories, and creative nonfiction, trying to reach my reach my reading my goal for the year.

I finished Heart-Shaped Box for the Tiny Book Club. I read SARK's book on naps, my first book by Thich Nhat Hanh, a volume of short stories, and an illustrated book about New York City fashion. I challenged myself to read as much as I could--it's not easy during the holidays!

And of course, the books and the family cheered and nourished me as we sped toward the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment