Search This Blog

Sunday, December 29, 2019

Nourish/Challenge: Week 50.

A highlight of the week was the Christmas celebration with Josh's family. I wore a distressed-gold-sequin jacket. Sparkle makes me more cheerful and confident, as did my mom-in-law's noticing that I'd lost more weight.

The food was excellent. I took advantage of the deviled eggs and shrimp cocktail. And Cherry 7-Up! And I'd been looking forward to Susan's homemade cheesecake! No seconds though.

Josh and I gave our nephew, Harrison, some toy dinosaurs. We thought he would blast off through the ceiling as he shook and declared, "DINOS!!!" I wish we could delight Oliver so effectively! Harrison talked easily and followed Oliver, his quieter cousin, around a bit.

My sister-in-law Sarah made us wish bracelets with a careful choice of colors. We gave photo-rich travel books to Greg and a collection of Bath and Body Works potions in Rose Water and Ivy to Susan. I received a pink fairy candle, Raspberry Sugar body wash, books, and a journal from (who else?) Peter Pauper Press! Someone has been paying attention to my blog!

Apart from throwing one picture frame in the toilet (not a metaphor), Oliver did well. We managed to stay for about three hours! Amazing!

Most social situations are a challenge for me. But I felt...included. I suggested that we take a photo of the sisters. I tried, and I could feel everyone else trying. But really, it was pretty easy, even nourishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment