Search This Blog

Saturday, February 19, 2022

Dress Challenge: Days 1-10.

Day 1: I started my challenge today. I wore my dress with black tights, green boots, a Valentine's Day cardigan with pink and red stripes, and Betsey Johnson key cluster earrings. I'll want to wear my boots often. 

For makeup, I wore ColourPop Flutter By eye shadow palette and Marc Jacobs Highliner in Brown(Out). The Highliners appear to be discontinued, which is a bummer. They're great eye liners that don't require sharpening. 

I've found that this dress attracts wrinkles and lint. I'll need to find a lint roller. I spent the evening at Bruce's, so I probably picked up some dog hair.


Day 2: Today, I wore my dress with black tights, a navy scallop open cardigan, navy flats with pink glitter hearts, and Betsey Johnson princess mismatched earrings. The weather has been getting so warm that I may be thinking about short-sleeved cardigans. I bought the flats at Gap long ago; I'd forgotten about them. I love anything with hearts. I wore NARS eye shadow duo in Kauai--gold and iridescent purple, Urban Decay black eyeliner in Cosmic Speed, and Urban Decay Game of Thrones lip stain (which I'd also forgotten). One of my major motivations is that I want to make these rediscoveries. 

I remember dressing my Madame Alexander Anne of Green Gables doll when I was eight. I dressed Anne in black tights with navy shoes. My mom told me that black and navy didn't match; what a bummer. I always remembered that, but now, it's apparently totally cool to wear black and navy together. Today is the first time I've really done it. 

Day 3-Day 5: Pajama days! Yes, I'm lucky.

Day 6: I wore a pink turtleneck under my dress with black tights, pink criss-cross strap flats, and my Betsey Johnson pink snowflake and bow necklace. I like the turtleneck-under-dress look, but I don't know if we'll get any more cool days. I wore eye shadow from the Sephora/Disney Ariel palette.

Day 7: Today, I didn't wear tights or a cardigan because it's 68 degrees, which currently feels like summer. I wore the lock and key necklace Josh gave me for our anniversary, a pair of light blue Mary Janes, and shadow from the Fenty Kilowatt Foil palette. If it stays too warm to wear cardigans, I'll have a lot less variety in my outfits! I need to find my short-sleeved cardigans. Tomorrow is supposed to get up to 78!


Day 8: I wore my dress with a short-sleeved pale yellow cardigan (the only yellow article of clothing I own) and my layered Loft pearl and chain necklace. During my first semester of teaching, I broke a strand of pearls on this necklace. I restrung it into two strands.


And I wore one of my favorite pair of heels. These are from Irregular Choice. IC is amazing; watch for sales. I actually bought these on sale through Modcloth. They're called "Cinderella's Choice," which of course made them irresistible. The heels, which are a little challenging, are white glitter. I wore these to the dentist last year because my dentist and her assistants love shoes.


Day 9: Pajama and cleaning day...also dress-washing day. We'll see how it fares!

Day 10: I hung my dress to dry yesterday, and while it's still a lint magnet, it did just fine after a gentle wash. Today, I'm wearing it with ribbed black tights, my green boots, my Banana Republic key necklace (such an amazing find), and a forest green open cardigan. I'm wearing Urban Decay Game of Thrones eye shadow and Wunder2 metallic forest green eyeliner. Ten days done!



No comments:

Post a Comment