Search This Blog

Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas II.

Josh, Oliver, and I picked up James on our way into Charlotte. We met my dad at Katz Deli. This is where Dad used to pick up egg salad sandwiches for me when I watched kids at the nearby women's gym. The restaurant was packed. I had my usual egg salad (how could I not?) and the fabulous fries. James had breakfast with thick pancakes. Dad had matzo ball soup. Josh had baked macaroni and cheese and a fancy hummus, veggie, and pita bread plate.

At his apartment, Dad had gifts and stocking laid out. His fiancee, Michelle, arrived with a snowflake book for me. We gave them a collage frame with photos of us and Oliver. Dad said he'd been meaning to ask for photos for Christmas and that whittling down our vast online albums to just four photos would have been impossible for him.

Dad gave Oliver a royal blue, velvety jacket and pants (Ralph Lauren!). He gave us a date night-themed gift bag with perfume and cologne and a gift card to Olive Garden (one of our favorites). Nanna and Grandpa had sent toys for and teethers for Oliver and Applebees and Panera (our very favorite!) gift cards for us.

The stockings were full of fancy snacks and fun items Dad and Michelle found on their trip to Universal Studios. My favorites were Josh's Kwik-e-Mart name tag and my ruby slippers socks.

Oliver charmed everyone as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment