Search This Blog

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Happy Birthday, Sparkle Scribbles.


A few days ago, I realized that I started this blog in early June of last year. I was six months pregnant, living in a two-story house just shy of a century old and full of hard wood and windows, and looking forward to moving into Oliver's Love Cottage #1. Now, I'm sitting on a floral couch under a fairy blanket next to an open glass door in an apartment in a fairly city-ish town, listening to my husband washing dishes, watching a chubby-but-muscular-legged baby jumping in his Exersaucer and experimenting with gleeful war cries. I was trying to stitch myself with sparkly thread to gratitude, joy, and my real self. That was the purpose of the blog. I don't flit around in dress-up fairy wings all the time, and all the surfaces of my life aren't glitter-coated, but I do try to focus on and share the flitting, the glittering. I hope a few other people read Sparkle Scribbles (silly, fun title) and feel a little inspired to make or notice the sweet bits in their days, spaces, and dears. In any case, I like it.

I have a stack of books, my journal, and a mini Dr. Pepper can on the weathered coffee table in front of me. Oliver just paused to gaze at me with his dream elf blue eyes. I just said, "Joe," and Josh turned from the kitchen and gave me this shy, earnest smile. I have everything I need.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could ever write like you do! But after reading your posts I feel inspired and happy. And it sounds like you have the most simple, carefree, and perfect life.
    Here's to another year!! :)
    -Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Happy one year. I'm so glad you've carried on writing on here over the last year, so inspiring, interesting and makes me notice the little, special things more.

    ReplyDelete