Search This Blog

Friday, June 22, 2012

Fairy Attire: Sparkly Playtime Princess.


As we drove downtown in April to explore, Josh looked over at me and said, "You look like a sparkly playtime princess." I loved that. He had not seen me dressed up much unless it was for work.

A sneaky sales person put these cropped jeans in my dressing room at The Limited. The fact that they were in my size and fit was both weird and cool. I tried them on, loved them, and got them half off. They are relaxed without feeling big.


This top was another of my rare just-for-fun clothing purchases. The pale green is a tranquil but fun color, and the tiny silver sequins on the collar are just awesome--one of those details that make a piece of clothing worth buying and having.

My mom gave me this beautiful headband in my Christmas stocking. I liked wearing it like a little diadem as embellishment and insurance for fly aways on my just-barely-long-enough ponytail. Its lavender beads remind me of tanzanite, which is special because my engagement ring is a bitty white gold band with a tiny tanzanite (I called it my periwinkle dot). Between the headband, the sequined top, and the rhinestone earrings, I made the car glitter.


On this day, Josh took a photo that is probably my favorite picture of Oliver and me. The dark green of the trees behind us and Oliver's red starred jacket and silly tongue out grin make the photo darling. And in it, I clearly feel pretty, calm, and happy. For all these reasons, I keep it in a frame on my desk at work. My precious boy and a joyful version of myself are good company.



Top: The Limited
Cropped Jeans: The Limited
Shoes: Big Buddha
Earrings: Ann Taylor Loft
Headband: Versona

No comments:

Post a Comment