Search This Blog

Friday, June 1, 2012

Summer To Do List.

Today (technically yesterday, according to the clock) was my full-time day until August 1. Starting on Monday, I'll be teaching three online classes. I'll certainly be busy, but I'm hoping that the extra time at home (I'll only be on campus one day a week, and I plan to spend a four hours working at the library twice a week) will allow for some physical, mental, and emotional recovery and renewal. I won't be lazy though (not often, anyway). I have a list inside the cover of my journal. Of course, I do plan to devote time to family naps as well.

*Keep library hours twice a week
*Grade small assignments the day after they're due
*Grade essays within four days
*Grade ahead when students submit work early
*Work on proposal for a science fiction class
*Finish three journals
*Read 16 books
*Read 5 books of short stories
*Read 3 books of poetry
*Read 3 long books to Oliver
*Write one letter each week
*Write in the notebook (the one I share with Josh) regularly
*Write in Oliver's book (in which we've been writing him letters since before we'd conceived him) regularly.
*Enjoy several magazines
*Walk or swim four times a week
*Go to the botanical gardens
*Have a dreamy birthday (in two weeks!)
*Organize Oliver's dresser
*Clean out junk deposits in bedroom
*Organize wardrobe drawers
*Organize master bathroom cabinet
*Organize white cabinet (in which I'll start keeping my makeup as well as candles, nail polish, and such)
*Build basics of introduction to literature course by August 1
*Sit on balcony four times a week
*Play with makeup
*Color with Oliver
*Spend time at main library branch
*Visit Just Desserts bakery down town
*Visit independent bookstore down town
*Visit and find a church we like
*Look at art books with Oliver
*Add four posts to creative writing club blog
*Visit a park
*Catch up on fashion blog posts
*Read poems to Oliver regularly
*Put together one poetry book or chapbook
*Send three submissions
*Write one short story
*Rollerskate

Some of these are ambitious; some are starting small as I try to become more myself again. If I can at least do most of these, this will be a memorable and valuable summer. Of course, just being near my boys more often makes these two months a treasure.

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot!! I enjoy making to-do lists as well. I have a 'running' list that I add to and check off on constantly. If I have a spare moment that won't cut into my time with Evan (we don't get much with our schedules) I pick something on the list and do it.

    The sci-fi class sounds amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete