Search This Blog

Monday, May 13, 2019

Nourish/Challenge: Week 18.

I'm behind on just about anything. I'm trying to get back on track.

Oliver has been singing along to bits of songs in the car. It's adorable. Some of it may be because I'm singing more. It's soothing and kind of cleansing. I found great videos with a guy singing the male role in various showtune duets. I like singing as a practice. Maybe I can get better at it.

I finally wrote my girls' trip blog post. I've been loving my glittery purse. It can hold a whole change of clothes for Oliver and plenty more.

Oliver has Stitch Fix now. Follow this link if you want to try Stitch Fix--we'll each get a $25 credit. I enjoy my Stitch Fix, but Oliver's is so practical. SF sends about ten items and month; We choose what we want (lots of athletic shorts and graphic tees right now) and just send back to rest in a big pre-labeled bag. It's much easier than searching for his size. He'll be ready for these summery days.

I'm on my third young adult novel for the spring. I still plan to tackle Libba Bray's YA series (three books) now that I have all the books. Bruce and I finished A House at the Bottom of a Lake. We plan to read more Josh Malerman. Why can't I read everything at once?

I saw my psychiatrist, and he made a couple of meds changes that I hope will help.

Bruce and I caught up a little on The Good Doctor. It's so good! We also watched one of my favorite teen movies, Get Over It. Everyone is in that movie, and it's just as fun as I remembered. I love sharing old favorites with Bruce. He always seem ready for anything.

I also set up a new health challenge for myself: I've given up cheese. Now, I love cheese and find it a good snack and a good addition to almost any dish. But my doctor called to tell me that my cholesterol was a little high, and he wants to test it again in a few weeks. We'll see if this helps.

Josh and I are being more affectionate When he walks by me, I now wait for the moment of his hand on my head or shoulder. And we have something just for us coming up.

Almost everything that happens seems to demand my attention and often my action. I put almost everything here on this blog (or the companion blog) and in my journal. Maybe I'll be stronger next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment