Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Nourish/Challenge: Week 19.

Tiny baby ducks are swimming gracefully behind their parents. I'm glad we get to see some wildlife from our balcony door. We see geese (they're jerks), goslings (they're cute at first, but as it is for many of us, adolescence just doesn't look good), turtles, an occasional sleek muskrat or terrifying giant snapping turtle, massive white fish in the pond, and pretty pairs of cardinals.

Bruce and I have started reading the novelization of The Shape of Water. I'm excited. It will be our 24th book together. We motivate each other to read, which is so important to us but easy to set aside. We don't talk at length about most of the books we read, but the bond of shared stories is still obvious. We're also back in the habit of walking on Monday mornings, which gives me a chance to talk too much.

On Mother's Day, Josh brought me some beverages (including cherry Sprite from Sonic) and a great Dr. Grip pen--I love them but haven't had one in years.

I've been watching Alter short horror films. That's probably not especially nourishing or challenging, but I find myself thinking about flash fiction and how it compares, especially in terms of character development. I'm learning. For practice, I could write the story of one of the shorts. I wonder how long the result would be.

Oliver has continued to sing and dance. He loves music, and he is determined to be happy. Maybe I can learn from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment