Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2021

Savoring 2021.

 This hasn't been the easiest year. COVID has made everything difficult, and the world is a little scarier than it used to be. But my word for the year was Savor, and I think I've fulfilled that.

I savored sanity and stability, starting two new medications that pulled me out of a lifeless depression. 

I savored my relationship with Josh, ever reminded why I chose him. 

I savored Oliver's growth as Zoloft soothed his wild anxiety, freed his mind for greater language comprehension, and helped him adjust to a new school where he is now thriving.

I savored eighty-five books, reading over 150% of the number of books I chose for my GoodReads challenge (fifty-six). 

I savored three wonderful classes and several seminars on writing and got to know my favorite author.

I savored completing the third draft of my novella. 

I savored getting back to the theatre.

I savored our town home with its hardwood floors, little garden (in which I planted a miniature rose that continues to bloom), extra space, and quiet atmosphere. 

I savored the holiday season with two Christmas trees. 

I savored New York City and three Broadway shows. 

I'm ready for a New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment