Search This Blog

Friday, October 13, 2023

Writing Conference Prompts: Desired Outcomes.

 Desired Outcomes as a Reader

  • Read 100 books this year
  • Fill time with reading
  • Read 31 books of poetry in October
  • Read visually 2+ hours daily
  • Read poems every day
  • Read a story every day
  • Read art
  • Listen to books at every opportunity
  • Read within my passions and curiosities
  • Read outside my tendencies
  • Read with Josh
  • Read with Bruce
  • Read some of Josh's books
  • Read anthologies, especially Best American
  • Approach books with curiosity
What am I doing well?
  • The desire is there.
  • I read deeply.
  • I reflect on what I read.
  • I read to help myself write.
What could I do better?
  • Focus
  • Put in the time
  • Read widely
  • Read daily
  • Listen to books more
How can I do better?
  • Keep headphones charged
  • Listen during chores and meals
  • Read The Plague
  • Read a chapter of Creative Recovery each week
  • Read poetry collections all at once in a day or two
  • Finish a book most days
  • Time my reading
  • Use chart
  • Update GoodReads and StoryGraph

No comments:

Post a Comment