Search This Blog

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Settled Saturday.

You won't believe what's happened. I don't. But for the first time in ten days, I feel calm. I even woke up smiling before I opened my eyes. Right now, Oliver is asleep beside me, his check against my hip as I lean back on a teal-covered body pillow. My quotation composition book is opened, and I'm writing down quotations from library books and from the O Magazine I'm reading. This is the first time I've read in ten days. I found a green Gelly Roll pen wedged in the back of my empty nightstand, so I'm using that. My gray bow-toe heels are in the closet on a white shelf with Josh's Holden Beach sticker on it. I've been noticing the plum floral pattern inside the shoes. I don't know where the shoe box ended up.

I only smell smoke inside the wicker wardrobe. An afternoon on the patio aired the scent out of my Madame Alexander Anne of Green Gables doll's bright hair.

Only one giant wardrobe box dominates this room. Most of the boxes tower in the living room. I've whittled the cardboard city down a little. I'm sitting on a new mattress and box springs without a bed frame. Just a little cluster of work clothes have returned from the cleaners. I can't find the silverware. We see the pond from the opposite side.

I have a lot of catching up to do.

1 comment:

  1. I love the last three lines - poem, I think, the genesis of one certainly. My love.

    ReplyDelete