Search This Blog

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Living Here: To the Festival.


In the interest of really living where we live, Josh and I set out a couple of months ago to explore downtown Fayetteville. We just happened to drive right into the Dogwood Festival.

I love this speckled brick building. Downtown Fayetteville (which I usually just call Fay--the fairy relation is pleasant) has cute little side streets like this.


I couldn't believe the number of tents and vendors, but more than that, I was amazed at how charming and interesting downtown Fay is.


This Italian restaurant is so pretty on the outside, and I more recently found out how pretty it is on the inside.


Cameo is a tiny movie theater. I'm glad we have one because I love the Manor Theater near downtown Charlotte (Josh and I went there to see Jane Eyre last year). I hope we will get to visit Cameo soon, but since we still can't bear to leave Oliver, we'll probably have to wait until he can handle going with us!


All of these restaurants and lounges looked so interesting. I actually took most of these photos since Josh was carrying Oliver. Josh is a much better photographer than I, but these are okay.


We never ended up visiting the Blue Moon Cafe in Monroe. I wonder if this is the same.


Just Desserts never seems to be open when I want it to be, but the name certainly catches my attention.


Isn't this a beautiful church?


That's my shadow over a plaque by this pretty little fountain. Josh always stops to read historic plaques and markers.


A band of preteen or teen boys played classic rock.


Another pretty fountain and the big main branch library...we'll be seeing these again.


We walked over this bridge to get to Linear Park.




Josh took over the camera and noticed this tiny flower between tree roots.


I love the design of this house. It makes me think of the style of 101 Dalmatians.


A little bookstore? Oh yes. Oliver was quite done with the heat and walking, but we made plans to come back later.


I love sidewalk signs like this.


I snapped this photo because Josh loves art deco.


Oh my! All these posters from Cape Fear Regional Theater productions memorized me. I hope that Oliver will be ready for plays early.



And this was a souvenir from our outing and a symbol of our commitment to enjoying our new home as long as we are here (and I hope that will be a long time). The seahorse necklace filled the car with dancing sparkles.

2 comments:

  1. I loved seeing your little town! How did you like Jane Eyre? I thought it was terrific. Literally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You fill my life with dancing sparkles.

    ReplyDelete