Search This Blog

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Professional Fairy Attire: Wuthering on the Moors.

I wore this to work in the spring when that crazy cold spell came. It's hard to believe that memory now when North Carolina is boiling. Seasons are always a shock and wonder to me. Does the sun really set after 8? Did it really set at 4? Do I really wear tank tops? Did I really wear a purple wool coat? Do the trees really bloom and leaf and turn amber? Do the views change so much? Maybe the seasons exist to keep us from getting bored and to keep us noticing.


This outfit makes me think of The Secret Garden, listening to moaning winds (or something else) and skipping rope in woody walled gardens.

The skirt is warm and full. I've found that full or flared is my favorite cut. When I began teaching, my mom told me that I needed knee-high boots. I didn't believe her but found some anyway. She was quite right. These are stretchy and actually fit over my giant calves leftover from Irish step dancing. The gray jacket with the gray net "petticoat" peeking out is one of my favorites. 


Hints of green cheered the dark clothes and reminded me that it was spring. I love these bracelets.


This headband is one from my Christmas stocking from mom. I need to wear these delicate headbands more often before my hair gets too long and heavy. But even then, I can wear them with a ponytail. I'm still crazy about these glasses. As I have to learn over and over, spending money on items I use everyday and taking time to find ones I really love is completely worthwhile. I don't think I've ever regretted it.

Tank Top: Target
Jacket: Ann Taylor Loft
Skirt: The Limited
Boots: Belk
Bracelets: Versona
Headband: Versona


No comments:

Post a Comment