Search This Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2017

What I'd Take Home to Mars.

Two movies I've loved lately are Passengers and The Space between Us. In the latter, a handful of astronauts go to Mars to live. I guess new supplies and people would arrive, but that would be after months or years. So, assuming obvious necessary items would be in place, what would I bring or request? I have to imagine it as if I'm single and childless--it's terrible otherwise. Some items won't be realistic, but just go with me.
  • Hair ties
  • Sticky flags
  • Access to favorite movies
  • Lots of working writing utensils
  • Fresh Sugar lip balms
  • Fun makeup, depending on gravity
  • My blanket, of course
  • Some beautiful silk flowers: violets, mini daffodils, mini tulips, white and pink roses
  • My Disney graphic tees for PJs
  • Natalie Goldberg books
  • Francesca Lia Block books
  • Fleece pants
  • Nail polish for hidden toes
  • Some pretty postcards for my quarters
  • A pretty calendar--Papaya, Susan Branch, K. Y. Craft...
  • My most beautiful journals--plenty of them. The finished journals would have a safe home on Earth.
  • A good glasses-cleaning cloth
  • Cute socks
  • The ultimate hair brush
  • Letters from people I love--I'd ask in advance.
  • My Ariel jacket
  • Access to so many books, some of them concrete
  • My Madame Alexander Cinderella doll
  • Icebreakers Cinnamon Mints
  • A few of my most beautiful fairy tale books
  • Laminated photos
  • Puffs with lotion
Most of the items I chose because they would help me remember my self and feel like myself, if only for a little bit of time.

What's on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment