Search This Blog

Friday, July 5, 2019

Nourish/Challenge: Week 25.

The week was kind of quiet. It's summer, and Josh is only teaching two classes. It isn't much of a rest for him, but it's something. He's also involved with a local humanitarian group project he co-founded. Wow. He seems to be choosing activities that are both challenging and nourishing. And he's still running. I'm impressed.

Josh has kindly driven Oliver to and from appointments whenever possible, just so I can rest. I probably need more rest than I know or acknowledge.

I haven't done much regular journaling, but I've been responding to prompts and posting some of that content on the the blogs. So I have been writing--always nourishing and a challenge.

We met with Oliver's new therapy supervisor. She is thorough and seems competent and in-tune with Oliver. I feel much better about the whole program. Oliver is totally fine, his usual happy self. Getting this therapy going originally took me a year. I don't want to throw that away, and I'm starting to think won't have to.

Bruce went to visit his family. I got to spend some time with his cats; beginning around calm animals can be nourishing. One cat claimed me thoroughly by rubbing my face. I would have spent a while in Bruce's little reading nook if I'd had time. Maybe I'll do hat next time Bruce travels. Reading and writing can bring magic to a room.

I'm still quite behind on my annual reading goal. Somehow, I will remedy that.

No comments:

Post a Comment