Search This Blog

Friday, July 19, 2019

Nourish/Challenge: Week 27.

Last week, Grandmom, Josh's wonderful and sassy grandmother, died rather suddenly of cancer. She had decided against treatment, which I think most everyone understood. My mom came to our house to take care of Oliver during the memorial service. Even now, I can't believe Grandmom has left. She always made me feel that I was doing my best. At Zach and Cherylanne's wedding reception, Grandmom took my hand, and I just held on. She seemed to know that the socializing was hard for me even though I was happy to be there. She was a blessing.

Bruce and I finished The Shape of Water, our 24th book. We liked it, and we got a lot more out of the characters than would fit in the film. We're starting another book soon.

Bruce has been at the beach, so I've been checking in on his cats. I like hanging out with kitlets. One cat could take or leave me; the other adores me but won't let anyone else know.

I'm still having trouble reading and writing. It's a sickness. How can I cure it before it gets worse?

Mom challenged me to exercise for 20 minutes on most days. And I've been doing it though not quite as often as I should. I text her nightly about my exercise. Maybe I'll eventually see some results. Going back to bits of ballet and Irish step dancing bring up memories--the ballet class during my last semester of undergrad and my Irish step dancing at ages 12-15.

I got to meet Bruce's mama, sister, aunt, and cousin! I'm so glad. Check that off my wish list.

No comments:

Post a Comment