Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Nourish/Challenge: Week 44.

Only about eight weeks remain in this year. I'll soon be working with my new word-of-the-year. But I'm going to pack a lot of life into those remaining weeks.

So I've began thinking about Christmas a little. Cinnamon, one of my favorite scents, everywhere. Fireside talks, Glitter glacial blue frosty mini trees. I try to squeeze as much joy as I can out of the holiday. Why not? Extra glitter and snowflakes nourish me. Friends and family have often given me special snowflake ornaments.

I've started wearing my big lilac coat again. I love the coat--it's pretty, and it keeps the cold bearable. Being wrapped up warm is a kind of nourishment.

One of Oliver's therapists is pregnant. Another recently had a baby. I'm happy for them, but I worry about Oliver's team. But we've gotten through challenging changes before.

Recently, I was making Oliver's bed. He started jumping on it. I told him to get down because I was making his bed. He got down, found the two pillows that are usually on his bed, and put them in the right place on the bed. That was such a surprise! Definitely a nourishing moment.

And I've been reading more! I'm still not quick, but I can connect to a story and let it wash over me. It's a challenge, and it fills me. I've actually stayed up late reading some nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment