Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Continuous Small Treats.

"The secret to a happy life is continuous small treats."

Iris Murdoch

I've always liked this quotation. I even have it on a rubber stamp (alas, without attribution). I came across the quotation in my journal yesterday, and I thought, How do I give myself continuous small treats without spending any money?

So I made a list of ways, most of which are within my current control and possession.

  1. Wearing my glittery makeup
  2. Wearing clothes with sequins
  3. Wearing cute socks
  4. Decorating my future journals with stickers
  5. Looking at magazines (Bella Grace, BG Cozy, BG Field Guide, Enchanted Living, Real Simple)
  6. Writing with my favorite pens
  7. Kissing Josh
  8. Cuddling under my heated throw
  9. Drinking Dr. Pepper
  10. Drinking Shirley Temples I make at home
  11. Drinking iced peppermint mochas I make at home
  12. Checking out (too many) library books
  13. Taking bubble baths with philosophy 3-in-1s
  14. Reading poems
  15. Reading poems aloud
  16. Taking Oliver's hand
  17. Seeing my boys dress in vibrant colors
  18. Listening to Tick, Tick...Boom!
  19. Reading about French culture
  20. Drinking Strawberry Lemonade Propel Water
  21. Eating fruit (black or red grapes, strawberries, oranges)
  22. Reading Oliver a little book
  23. Looking at art books
  24. Reading fairy tales
  25. Looking at illustrated fairy tales (I have a decent collection)
  26. Burning cinnamon or marshmallow candles
  27. Getting a mini massage from Josh
  28. Writing in the best journal I have
  29. Looking at theatre programs
  30. Wearing glitter highlighter even though my mask hides it (I know it's there)
  31. Wearing Fresh Sugar tinted lip balm
  32. Listening to Tootsie on my bluetooth headphones (from Josh)
  33. Getting texts from Bruce (especially those with righteous indignation and incredulity on my behalf)
  34. Listening to showtunes in the car
  35. Looking at fairy art
  36. Watching cat videos
  37. Scrolling Facebook
  38. Looking at Christian Schloe art
  39. Exploring art supplies I already have
  40. Remembering to wear perfume
  41. Lying still under blankets and thinking
  42. Wearing pink
  43. Wearing my Ariel jacket
  44. Getting reactions to blog posts
  45. Looking at displays at the library
  46. Placing library holds
  47. Making library purchase requests
  48. Using cinnamon body wash
  49. Hunting for wild violets
  50. Opening the blinds
  51. Admiring my journal collection
  52. Writing from a prompt
  53. Organizing my pens or stickers
  54. Decorating my planner
  55. Coloring squares on my dream boards
  56. Replacing scented foaming hand soaps
  57. Looking at my Pinterest boards
  58. Searching for Pinterest boards
  59. Highlighting a completed task with a glitter highlighter
  60. Starting a new book
  61. Reading a short story
  62. Wearing my jewelry
  63. Eating a pizza Lunchable
  64. Wearing a forgotten shirt or necklace
  65. Wearing pinstripes (dress pants, leggings, jeans)
  66. Sleeping on fresh sheets
  67. Using a fresh towel
  68. Writing a new blog post
  69. Writing down quotations
  70. Really looking at the art in my house
  71. Watching lettering videos
  72. Writing on black paper
  73. Writing with shimmering ink
  74. Looking at family photos
  75. Listening to my Becky Songs playlist
  76. Reading about writing
  77. Using rubber stamps
  78. Receiving letters
  79. Receiving stickers from subscriptions
  80. Reading a graphic novel in one sitting
  81. Praising myself for tiny accomplishments
  82. Sitting outside
  83. Saving and recycling empty pens
  84. Draining pens (as long as I have more!)
  85. Seeing Josh wearing clothes I found for him
  86. Seeing Josh wear jeans
  87. Writing with glitter markers
  88. Cuddling under a cookie monster (a large and fluffy blanket)
  89. Looking at flowers at the grocery store
  90. Resting against my fluffy pink pillow
  91. Sleeping with my blanket under my head
  92. Wearing the reading shawl Bruce gave me
  93. Playing solitaire
  94. Seeing Oliver's art work
  95. Going through Oliver's school work on Friday
  96. Seeing Pen Squad posts
  97. Wearing heels to pick up Oliver at school
  98. Curling up in my arm chair
  99. Organizing by color
  100. Finding unexpected glitter

No comments:

Post a Comment