Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Professional Fairy Attire: Classic with a Bit of Teal.




I wore this for a brief literary magazine presentation I gave to all the faculty, staff, and administration at my school. Of course, I wanted to look professional (but creative), but I also needed to feel confident. A boxy suit didn't fit the occasion.

This skirt and jacket are from The Limited's Forever Black collection. Many mix-and-matchable pants, crops, capris, skirts, and jackets come in this shade, and the store claims that it will always sell the shade. I love the uniqueness of this suit: the short-sleeved jacket and full, fun skirt.


I love this teal button-down, and I love the shawl collar. It has the classiness of an Oxford shirt without the awkwardness of creased, crushed, or crooked collar points. The gathers also mask wrinkles. The color brightened the black suit.


I've worn this jacket several times since the warmer weather arrived. Even three-quarter sleeve jackets can be miserable in North Carolina, but now, I can be breezy and dressy at once.

My presentation went well, and I did feel that great combination of professional and serious with young, pretty, and creative.

Skirt: The Limited
Shirt: The Limited
Jacket: The Limited
Shoes: Nine West

1 comment:

  1. I'm leaving you a spark because you light my fire, baby.

    ReplyDelete