Search This Blog

Saturday, August 24, 2019

The Planet and I.

When I was a kid, I had sporadic interest in the planet, recycling in particular. I read about what I could do. My Bible class collected soda cans. My family must have loved soda at that time. I gathered up my used paper and cut the sheets to staple them together. Making the use of the back of the sheets seemed like a big deal to me.

I found other ideas (likely from American Girl). Instead of toting a bag, I carried a cereal box. Yep, just a cereal box--not creative. I think Mom thought I was ultra weird, and she may have been a bit embarrassed.

When I was teaching, I mostly gave up water bottles, and I made notepads from extra copies.

I now use non-disposable water bottles almost exclusively. It's something.

A different kind of recycling is saving discarded ideas, images, lines, characters, and such. Making those scraps new makes me feel clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment