Search This Blog

Friday, December 13, 2019

Nourish/Challenge: Week 47.

I had a wonderful, nourishing moment while I was lying down: I had a whole hour ahead in which to read. I was able to get lost in the book. If felt like a luxury, but I know it was also healthy for me.

Bruce and I finished Athena's Choice. It was surprisingly unique and thought-provoking. And we've begun Heart-Shaped Box, a novel that my brother, James, recommended to me. This will be Tiny Book Club pick #28. I've received a lot of nourishment and many challenges from those books, and I love having my best friend to walk though them with me.

Bruce told me a new Little Women movie is coming out on Christmas! The trailer looks good. I'm impressed with some of the cast. Mom said we'll sneak away on Christmas to see the movie. I can't wait! I adore the Winona Ryder version, and I think I may have seen it on Christmas too.

One evening, Bruce and I didn't watch shows or a movie. We watched a few Honest Trailers and just talked, catching up. That fills me.

I began reading IT. Somehow, the length doesn't seem so overwhelming on my phone as it does in physical book form. I think it's going to draw me in, challenging me turn by turn. I stayed up late reading--when did I last do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment