Search This Blog

Thursday, December 19, 2019

Nourish/Challenge: Week 48.

I've started to have Christmas thoughts. Josh officially started the season with the first song (starting with three chimes) on Aaron Neville's Soulful Christmas album. The music is a tradition from my family. Perfect. We need to play it more, along with James Taylor's Christmas album, which Josh and I discovered together.

I've been feeling separate from poetry and not just because I'm not writing it. I'm trying to read it silently again. I did finish Joseph Bathanti's Restoring Sacred Art and give it 5 stars on GoodReads.

Oliver had a week of good drop-offs at school. Crowds and rain kept me from getting a report after the last couple days of last week.

I finished Mark Vonnegut's (yes, his son) memoir. It seemed to be about mental illness, but it didn't stay there.

Bruce took me to see Frozen II, which I liked a lot. It was a bit dark. I liked some of the new songs. I think that I like Anna best more and more, but I'm more and more like Elsa. That could be its own post.

I've been enjoying books for our tiny book club. I have a few waiting. Bruce says he doesn't mind my choosing the books for now. We love discovering movies, shows, and books together.

It was mostly a nourishing week. I am challenging myself to stay with poetry and to read as much of it as possible before the year ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment