Search This Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2022

A Page from My Journal: March 14, 2022.

 


I'm planning to get in another hour of reading before I get ready...maybe poems and Revelator. Maybe Writing Radar too. Maybe I'll really get into Revelator soon. I just have to give it more of a chance. I'll return 3 books to the library. Only one of them is late. But I'm making progress. I need to rearrange my library book bin. Everything might fit in it now. I'll end up with 35 books today. Whittling it down, book by book.

I'll never forget a couple of calls. Queens, Margie. Both amazing. I can still hardly believe I got into Queens. I wasn't very good. I don't know what I sent. Arguably, I'm still not very good, but Queens made me much better. I like the ideas of a full-time residency MFA. Maybe for fiction. I could really use help learning how to write fiction. I guess the best way is for me to read more of what I want to write...and take classes when I can. I do need to read more memoirs to prepare for working on my own. The amount of reading I need to do is overwhelming (and exciting) and so far beyond a mere 100 books a year. But I'm about 1/3 of the way to my goal for the year, which makes me confident that I'll reach it and that I may even exceed it. I need to get my work out too. I'm reporting some submissions as never responded, ones that are over a year old. I'm going through those as I update duotrope.

I drained the Gold Shadow pink pen. This is a metallic pink Uni-ball Signo. It doesn't want to write very well. Frustrating. It has a lot of ink left.

I'm really hoping we can get a new dresser this summer, one that's going to last for decades. A little girl would be excited to have our current dresser. We'll see what kind of work Josh has this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment