Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2022

Dress Challenge: Days 21-30.

Day 21: Today, I wore my dress with a pink and purple striped cardigan, Betsey Johnson asymetrical princess earrings (crown on one and scepter on the other), purple flats (which I think have reached the end of their journey), and pink and purple eye shadow from the Urban Decay Moondust palette. My dress got an extra wash today because I splotched it with avocado. So far, it's holding up.

Day 22: It was too warm for a cardigan or tights. I wore my dress with my Betsey Johnson shaky charm heart necklace (one of my favorites) and pink floral heels. The dress continues to be a lint magnet as you can see. I wore iridescent lavender eye shadow from the Huda Rose Quartz palette--which I bought in New York!

Day 23: I wore my dress with lacy gray leggings, purple sequin flats,

Betsey Johnson purple snowflake earrings (which match my very first Betsey Johnson necklace), and Colour Pop purple and green Just a Glitch eye shadow. I also wore Urban Decay highlighter, hence the sparkle.

Wearing the same dress each day hasn't had a major impact on me. I think all my other clothes will seem new when I get back to them, and going through them objectively seems a little easier. I'm mostly just enjoy the mindful challenge of it. I went through my clothes and donated about 45 items to the nearby college's success closet! Now, we have hangers to spare, and since I haven't been wearing and washing them, all my clothes are put away.

Day 24-25: Pajama days!

Day 26: I wore my dress with a short-sleeved peppy purple cardigan, Betsey Johnson purple star earrings, and a purple Betsey Johnson charm bracelet (hand mirror, crown, ballet shoes, all a-sparkle). I wore Hard Candy Star eye shadow quartet in purples. 

Every day, I wear Urban Decay Stay Naked powder foundation (30CP now [light pink], 20CP [fair pink] in deep winter--I don't know about all the shades, but the line has a great variety of options for people with pale skin, including a 10NN ultra-fair neutral that is too pale even for me) and Thrive Causemetics Liquid Lash Extensions mascara (just dreamy in Brynn black).

Day 27: Today, I wore my dress with a white three-quarter sleeve cardigan with black polka dots, knit black Kate Spade espadrilles with white polka dots and grossgrain ribbon ties, Betsey Johnson mismatch fairy earrings, and Fenty Kilowatt Foil highlighter in purples. I love polka dots.

The dress itself is looking a little worse for wear after five recent washings, but it should survive through day 40 at least.

Day 28: A chilly, gloomy day. I brought out my tights again. I wore an open-weave Kelly green cardigan, a Betsey Johnson purple crown necklace, my green sequin Irregular Choice heels, and Tarte eye shadow. 


Day 29: Today was cold again, so I were black fleece tights, a light blue cardigan, my blue Betsey Johnson key necklace, black flats, and Marc Jacobs Blue Me Away Highliner.

Day 30: Today is warmer, but I still wore sweater tights and a fuchsia cardigan with sequins. I wore glittery black flats, Betsey Johnson rose earrings, and purple and pink shadow from the Urban Decay Game of Thrones palette. 

30 days done! Ten to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment