Search This Blog

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Professional Fairy Attire: Mints on Silver Paper.


On this day, I was reading at a poetry event on campus and presenting the literary magazine I started for the students, faculty, and staff. I wanted to dress up a bit but still look relaxed and cheerful.


As Josh was taking these photos, the sun suddenly poured through the door to the balcony.


This jacket is special. It's pale, mild blue. The short, gathered sleeves are fun and make suiting in hot weather much cooler. When I see unique colors like this, I take notice.


This necklace, a Christmas present from my mama, doesn't exactly match the outfit, but I'm trying to be less matchy-matchy and get over a fear of wearing more than one color with neutrals. 

I wrote this in my journal: "I do enjoy clothes, makeup, shoes, and jewelry, and I'm glad. They sprinkle a few grains of sugar on my days."

And the reading went well!

 Photo: Jack McDuffie

Pants: Ann Taylor Loft
Top: The Limited
Jacket: The Limited
Shoes: Madden Girl
Necklace: Versona

No comments:

Post a Comment