Search This Blog

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Professional Fairy Attire: Plum Snow Party.

 My mom says that figuring out which styles look and feel good takes a while. Until recently, I rarely saw full skirts, and I thought they would emphasize my hips. But pencil skirts make me a little wary, particularly because they tend to get shorter as I walk. This skirt was on crazy sale online. The only remaining size was one smaller than mine, but the skirt looked so pretty in the photo, I decided to risk it.

Wow. This skirt is so fun and so comfortable. I can take wide strides easily, and the length doesn't change! Even when I sit down, it's basically the same. I felt rather darling all day. No, I'm not wearing white tights. I only burn in the sun, so I decided long ago to embrace my outer Snow White. It does make the auburn hair look more natural!

Does this top look familiar? It's another shade of that cap sleeve tee! This jewel tone purple is so luxurious and makes me feel so fancy. I'll probably wear this one out first. And oh, the shiny purple T-straps are so fun. This is the challenge in the way I dress for work: how can I look professional but still unique and express myself? Josh says that dressing is just another way for me to express myself and enjoy life. I'm glad I have a husband who thinks that way.


I think I've written about this magical necklace. The designer must have been thinking of me. It's the most expensive necklace I've ever purchased ($50ish), but I've never regretted it for a second. It's just enchanting. This definitely seems like an outfit for a snow sprite party in a frosted grape arbor.

Top: The Limited
Skirt: The Limited
Shoes: X Appeal (Rack Room)
Necklace: Betsy Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment