Search This Blog

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Stark Intensity.

I don't know what entered my mind when I read these words or what made me want to respond. Not much gives me the experience of stark intensity. I have to be completely absorbed, and the experience has to come at me like the glint on a knife.
  • Seeing the chandelier rise up from the stage in Phantom. It affects me that way every time!
  • Reading The Book of Lost Things. It had me alert and sometimes mortified. It was a great book.
  • Giving birth. I was completely tuned into my body and Oliver's. The pain made me focus harder.
  • Getting a massage (usually from Josh). That touch is so important that the rest of me seems to back away.
  • Thirst. I take a medication that makes me truly mad with thirst. The arrival of water is just as intense a relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment