Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

My Favorite Objects.

I have a close relationship with concrete objects. I could tell stories about most of the objects in my house. Object draw me to others and connect me to myself. Here are some of my favorites:
  • The silky green button-down blouse Mom gave me. I remember her buying it. She let me wear it to my reading at Queens, and I felt that my reading went well. Mom had the shirt for years, and I was so surprised when she gave it to me. Good memories live in the stitches.
  • My blanket. It's soft, pink, and stretchy. I've had it since I was a baby, and I still sleep with it. Falling asleep without it is difficult.
  • My collection/selection of pens. These inspire me to write, and they can match any mood.
  • My makeup. I love all the colors and the degrees of shimmer. It makes me feel more like myself, and it gives me a way to express how I feel on a given day.
  • My denim chaise lounge. I taught an extra class to buy this. It's elegant (chaise) in a sassy (denim) way. I need to use it more.
  • My necklaces. I seriously reduced my collection recently, but I still have many beautiful necklaces that make me feel confident and pretty.
What are some of your favorite objects?

No comments:

Post a Comment