Search This Blog

Friday, July 1, 2016

No Saving.

I like this idea of not saving. It makes sense because anything could happen before a person gets to use or enjoy something he or she had been saving for some future event or feeling.

I do quite a bit of misguided saving. For tomorrow, for when I'm ready, for when conditions are perfect. I could lose my chance. But I'm also just depriving myself of joy when in fact, more joys will follow.

Some of these are especially silly.
  • Stickers. Sometimes, I find myself not using the prettiest ones. I buy stickers to use in my journals, so I should use them! I have plenty (though I'm always watching for more!).
  • Bubble bath and such. I save my favorite scents, but I should just jump in and enjoy them.
  • Journals. I save the best for some more appropriate time. Silly.
  • Books. I do this less often now, but I've almost unconsciously saved the most delicious-seeming books for some future self. 
My future self will find and create more joy and more beauty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment