Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

The Ideal Journal.

I've had so many wonderful journals with many of these characteristics but perhaps not all of them. I usually just see a journal and check its pages to know we belong together for a few weeks or months. But these are the qualities I like best in a journal:
  • Smooth pages that take pens easily.
  • Strong, thick cover that will provide a writing surface.
  • Thick pages that can accept fountain pens and markers without bleeding.
  • A beautiful cover that draws my attention.
  • An easily portable size, about the size of a quality paperback.
  • Inspirational quotations on each spread.
  • A ribbon bookmark.
  • A pocket at the back.
  • No perforations. 
  • Lies flat. It could be a spiral journal with a spiral that doesn't twist or come loose.
  • An elastic closure.
  • And...a little glitter on the cover would certainly be welcome.
I like hunting for these qualities. But of course, the cover comes first, luring me to test the pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment