Search This Blog

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Unexpected Joys.

  • Binge watching Bates Motel by myself.
  • Eating sunflower seeds, especially on a long drive with Mom.
  • Writing and making collages in a notebook at 3 a.m. next to a dorm entrance.
  • Feeling so eager about the mail even though I knew it would hold rejections. It meant I was trying!
  • Swimming in a deep lake, treading water for an hour.
  • Taking Oliver to speech and occupational therapy and talking about him with his therapists.
  • Being a mother.
  • The low, dirty pond behind our apartment.
  • Draining a pen. I have to find another pen, but I feel accomplished.
  • Enjoying True Grit.
  • Bruce.
  • Journaling for about 16 years off and on--but mostly on. 
  • Teaching. I have some great memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment