Search This Blog

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Decadence.

It may have a negative connotation, but what a delicious word! It makes me think of chocolate and velvet. I guess taste and touch are major channels. Here are some examples of my kind of decadence, rich and sometimes frivolous happiness, maybe the sort in which I should indulge more often.
  • getting comfortable alone with a book for hours.
  • reading a magazine cover-to-cover in one sitting (I did this on my 30th birthday).
  • clean, slightly worn sheets.
  • mermaid stamps, stickers, and so on. That kind of magic should be easier to find!
  • laughing my head off with one of the people I most love to talk to.
  • multiple acknowledgements of a blog post I thought would interest no one.
  • Gold pens.
  • Dove chocolates with peanut butter.
  • Magnum mini ice cream bars.
  • Dr. Pepper right when I need it and so cold.
  • Bingeing on a show as I did with Bates Motel.
  • Fleece pants.
  • Writing fast and pushing the pen hard.
  • Noticing a word I just learned out in the world.
  • Buying multiples of something I adore.
  • Holding hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment