Search This Blog

Friday, October 14, 2016

"Light Tomorrow with Today."

This quotation by Elizabeth Barrett Browning is so encouraging but also offers a major challenge. When I encounter it, I always want to be still and ponder it.

Here's one trouble I see: how can I light the lamps and candles while saving nothing? I've been trying not to save objects or experiences for later. But often, when I have a great experience or use a new gift, I fill with light that can spill into the next day.

I also try to think of yesterday's me, today's me, and tomorrow's me as a group of friends who need to be good to each other and help each other. So I wonder,
  • What can I do to heal yesterday?
  • How can I use what yesterday taught me?
  • What new habits can I work on today and pass to tomorrow?
  • What messes has yesterday left for me? How can I improve the situation?
  • What can I do to give tomorrow some brilliance like hope?
  • How can I avoid leaving a mess for tomorrow.
  • How can yesterday, today, and tomorrow all respect each other?
  • If I build a beautiful day today, what is likely to happen tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment