Search This Blog

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Word-of-the-Year in Review: 2017.

What did I do with my 2017 word of the year? I've having a hard time thinking of all I have done. Maybe depression made delight rather rare. But I think I tried to honor the word. Here are some little related efforts and blessings in no particular order:
  • I've read some great books, including French lifestyle books (which I can't help but love).
  • I made a list of 1,000 joys, which helped me pay more attention to potential delight.
  • I've purchased issues of Bella Grace, a gorgeous and inspirational quarterly magazine.
  • I've kept a happy schedule of outings with Bruce.
  • I've color-coordinated my journals and inks.
  • I've gone swimming.
  • I've listened to the first half of a favorite book.
  • I've played with stickers.
  • I've worn more rings at once.
  • I've worn more makeup again.
  • I've showered to show tunes.
  • I've gone on walks alone and with Bruce.
  • I've received joyous back tickles from Josh.
  • I've cherished words.
  • I've laughed in therapy.
  • I've exchanged happy E-mails.
  • I've laughed wildly on the phone.
  • I've taken perfect naps.
  • I've received the gift of brief cuddles with Oliver.
  • I've enjoyed cold water.
  • I've received help I desperately needed.
  • I've gone to several shows, including The Little Mermaid and Love Never Dies.
  • I've lost weight.
  • I've discovered flavored water--lemon and strawberry Fruit2O--that I actually like.
  • I've sung to show tunes with James and with Bruce.
  • I've returned to poetry (reading, that is, for now).

No comments:

Post a Comment