Search This Blog

Monday, January 1, 2018

Word of the Year: 2018.

The word of the year idea came from a website. When I joined a few years ago, my word was Invest. I didn't have a lot of accountability or company. But in 017, those closest to me chose words too. Also, I've had this blog to update and celebrate. I've been blogging about how my word, Delight, went last year, but now, I'm ready to talk about my new word: Restoration.

I'm not entirely sure why this word grabbed ahold of me, but I like the sound and what it brings to mind--remodeling and re-opening a cinema in a small town. Giving something back. Fixing the broken and old-fashioned parts of a lovely house. Returning something to its original beauty. I like that the word implies that the beauty and function are already there they just need some care and creativity. So, what do I want to restore? Where will my restoration begin?
  • Continue to restore my reading. 2017's reading was rough at best and was often impossible. I've picked up reading poetry daily, and I plan to continue with that ritual. I've also started on my winter focus: children's books.
  • Restore my innocence and magical outlook. Children's books will help with that. I'd also like to read more fairy tales and retellings. I will paint my mind beautifully with was I reach, watch, and listen to.
  • Restore my engagement with movies. I love movies, and I think I should watch at least one per week. And I want to talk about them.
  • Restore my energy and serenity as a mother. Soon, (tomorrow!) all the driving and paperwork will restart. I'm often so tired that I'm not at my best for Oliver. I need to take care of myself, so I can take better care of him. I also need to restore my joy in him. Looking through photos is one way to do this.
  • Restore my love of water. I want to take baths every night and enjoy them, often reading poetry. I may retrieve my love of swimming.
  • Restore my faith by reading the whole Bible this year.
  • Restore and refresh my marriage. We need to find time to be together, and we need to enjoy our moments.
  • Restore my other relationships. I can start that with as little as an E-mail or a card.
  • Restore my sense of beauty through the clothes I wear, the makeup I apply, how I take care of my skin, and all that surrounds me, whether or not I chose the music or images or textures.
  • Restore my interest in learning. I can take a topic from my curiosity list and pursue it.
  • Restore my passion for musical theatre. I attend shows often, but I want to talk about them more, listen to the music more, and learn about them through the books I have.
  • Restore my product writing in some way. If I can write one story or one poem this year, I'll be happy.
  • Restore my pre-lithium weight. If I could lose one pound a week this year I'd be where I want to be.
  • Restore and intensify my love of color. I know Michaels and Versona have sections divided by color. It soothes and excites me. I need to seek more of that.
  • Restore my peace of mind. I want to decrease my dread and fear.
What is your word for 2018?

No comments:

Post a Comment