Search This Blog

Sunday, February 10, 2019

Nourish/Challenge: Week 5.

This post is quite late because I've been sick all week. More about that later.

Bruce and I began reading Bird Box after seeing (ha) the movie, and we are liking it. The shifts in time work well as they did in the movie, and we like the short, glimpse-like chapters.

I was horrifically late to a meeting with Oliver's BCBAs at ABA. They were gracious as usual. We identified my priorities as potty training (it was finally going well, but now, we're going backward), communication (verbal), and writing. He's had some tiny breakthroughs lately, and I try to pay attention to those. Oliver is there, but so many obstacles are in the way. I feel like he can't hear us calling.

I started planning and writing down outfits for coming weeks. I check the large sticky note in my journal cover to see the clothes, shoes, jewelry, and even makeup I've planned for that day. It's even better when I actually lay it all own the night before. I want to enjoy what I have and reduce morning stress.

I got some precious encouragement about my other blog, Water in a Wine Glass: Learning to Live with Bipolar Disorder. I'm trying to give it more attention. I posted there twice this past week! If it matters to only one person (and even if that one person is me), it's worthwhile.

Josh's early wedding anniversary gift to me arrived. An artist on Etsy made it: a sterling silver band with a tiny silver open book. It makes me think of a ring that represents my commitment to myself, literature, health.

I got a purple bath bomb, and I was so excited to find a Claddagh ring, an Irish wedding band, with a big purple stone as the heart. My wedding set doesn't fit, but I'm now clearly showing that I'm attached.

I want to grasp every opportunity to be joyful.

No comments:

Post a Comment