Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Nourish/Challenge: Week 8.

This past week, Bruce and I finished reading Bird Box. It was so good. The book and the movie complement each other well. The book was a bit scarier. Now, our tiny book club is ready for book #20!

I have a goal to watch at least one movie a week. I think it enriches my mind, gives me something new to ponder. This past week, I saw two movies! I watched Loving Annabelle on my own; I didn't much care for it. Bruce took me to see Glass at the theater. I really liked it! It was exciting. James McAvoy impressed me, and the movie had some sweet moments. I've read a couple of books about DID, and I may look for more. I found it fascinating (though tragic) that a trauma could cause one to create a new person to handle it. That's oversimplifying it, of course.

I've been reading a DK Eyewitness book on ancient Egypt bit by bit. Wow. Anything that makes me say "Wow" (in a positive way), is probably good for me, expanding my mind.

I've also been reading American Girls Felicity's Story Collection. I want to finish it before spring begins (and the children's literature focus time ends). I'm not doing well with my seasonal themes. I have less than a month left. But I'm challenging myself to make progress.

I went to Target twice. I always feel inspired there, even if I'm just picking something up for the boys. I found three new kinds of vegetarian soup for Josh. I feel good when I do something thoughtful. It makes me feel like a worthwhile person. So I've been challenging myself to be kind in new ways.

Josh made a fire one morning, and I fell asleep beside it. I love memories like that.

My main challenge for this coming week: read more!

No comments:

Post a Comment