Search This Blog

Monday, April 8, 2019

Nourish/Challenge: Week 14.

This past week, Bruce and I finished our 21st tiny book club pick, The Memory of Light. That's my first young adult book for my spring focus. Reading fiction about mental illness is interesting and strange, as if my story were open to everyone. I guess it is if people take notice.

Bruce and I also had our first early-Monday-morning walk. It was easy, and I loved talking to my friend for an hour. We inspected bugs and flowers.

I had major trouble with reading and writing. I'm trying to get back to daily practice of literacy--one of the greatest gifts I've ever received. But I have to keep giving it to myself.

Josh and I snuggled a lot since he had a few early mornings free.

Bruce took me to see Pet Sematary, which was more daring than I expected.

And Bruce and I began to read the novelization of Dear Evan Hansen. I love it so far.

I also bought Ben Platt's (the original Broadway Evan) newish CD. I'm listening to it song by song in the car. What a talented guy.

And I watched a concert version of the Secret Garden musical, which stars Ramin Karimloo, Sierra Boggess, and Ben Platt! Amazing! I'm hoping for a revival.

My week was mostly full of nourishment. I'll try to challenge myself more this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment