Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Nourish/Challenge: Week 15.

I had mood swings this past week, and holding onto relative stability has been a challenge. For a day or two, getting out of bed was a struggle. I'd lie still with the tower fan blowing on me. Existing seemed to be all I could do.

I was feeling bad on Sunday night, and Josh told me to go for a walk. I didn't want to, but I got my headphones and went. I did feel somewhat better afterward.

But the week had joy too. I told Josh that I thought we should try to be more affectionate because it's good for us and probably good for Oliver. So Josh and I have stayed closer to each other, kissing and hugging more. I start to crave more of that contact.

Bruce and I continued reading Dear Evan Hansen. It's held my attention more than most books lately. I'll be sad when it's over. But I still have a big book about the show to read.

My dearest friend, Keely, sent me a gorgeous card with a pop-up castle inside. She wrote that I was inspiring and that my blog made her believe in magic as an adult. I treasure those words. I'd keep the blog going even if it were just for her.

Next week, the boys have spring break. Mom and I decided (with our guys' support) that we would go on a girls' trip! So on Sunday, I'll drive to Charlotte (by myself...), and we'll go to Asheville. I made hotel reservations, and I'm so excited. This drive will be a challenge, and I'll miss my boys. But the trip will nourish me--beauty, charm, conversation, discovery. The weather is going to be warm enough that I won't have to wear tights with my dresses.

Most nourishing experiences seem to require me to overcome a challenge. I've only been away from Oliver once for one night. Three nights will be tough. But I still think the trip will be wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment